Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gaming

After Stephanie's last answer I was curious about her interest in gaming.  Here's what she said.



 

2012-04-15_18.52.04.jpg
An orc high priestess and belongs to the 'gabba gabba hey tribe'


Greg
(her husband) and I are going to be playing in Blood in the Sun Warhammer tournament next month - June 23-24, 2012.
I've been painting my army of Orcs and Goblins for almost a year, but didn't start playing until a few months ago.  The rules are fantastically difficult, and I can't seem to get a handle on how to deploy my units.  I'm far more interested in Math-hammer -- calculating the probability that I will win instead of actually playing to win.  I started writing a battle simulator, but all of the unit permutations became too tiresome.  Chess is soooooo much simpler (challenge me at www.chess.com - Geman_Marcotte).  


I'm going to have to play five games of Warhammer in two days at the tournament - dang!  I think I'll buy my opponents bloody marys and get em tanked so I have a fighting chance.  The whole thing will be live via pod-cast, so tune in and check out the action.





No comments:

Post a Comment